- Trim wick to at least ¼ inch (You can skip this step when you first receive your candle).
- Place candle on a level heat-resistant dry surface, away from drafts, vents, drapery, flammables, pets or air currents.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended, ever.
- Burn the candle for 3-4 hours at a time.
- Allow the top layer of wax to pool evenly to the edge of the container to promote even burning and maximize the scent throw. This will also prevent tunneling from happening.
- Never touch or move a burning candle, or move a candle container when the wax is still liquid.
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For safety reasons, stop burning a candle when there’s about ½ inch of wax left in the container.
- When burning multiple candles, leave at least five inches between each container.
- Place lid on container, use a candle snuffer or blow flame out. Never use water to extinguish the candle, as this can cause the wax to splatter or container to break.
- Make sure the wick isn’t glowing after extinguishing.
- Let wax harden prior to moving or touching the candle.
More information can be found on our FAQ‘s page.